According to Elon Musk, It’s time to release Tesla’s “Master Plan Part 3 ”. But what were parts one and two?
“The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me).” is a title of a blog post that Tesla CEO published in August 2006. At the end of the post, Musk mentioned the core principle which is laid out in four steps.
Tesla’s Master Plan in four steps
“1. Build sports car.
2. Use that money to build an affordable car.
3. Use that money to build an even more affordable car.
4. While doing above, also provide zero-emission electric power generation options.”
By producing the Roadster, Model S, and then Model 3, Tesla managed to do most of that part. Tesla Master Plan Part 2 started in 2016. Which we saw as delivering the Model 3 and acquiring Solar City. Those considered
the last two steps of the original plans.
- Elon Musk’s Robot: Will It Be a Boring Dystopia?
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink Is Preparing to Start Clinical Trials in Humans
The idea that Musk emphasized in Part 2 is the integration of energy storage with renewable energy generation. That was clear in creating the new “Tesla Energy” division. The plan also contained the creation of the solar roof. Now, the priority at Tesla is to focus on self-driving capabilities.
SpaceX founder summarized the Master Plan Part 2 in three points. They are:
1. Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage.
2. Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments.
3. Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning. Enable your car to mak
He also mentioned “a new kind of pickup, a heavy-duty truck, and a high passenger-density urban transport.”
We can say that every vehicle Musk announced in the plan was unveiled. But they still need to be produced. Although all the goals of Part 2 haven’t been achieved yet, Elon Musk announced that he is working on publishing Tesla’s “Master Plan Part 3”. We are waiting to know more details about this part.